As all three of my followers know I have come to admire and respect some ideas from Cody Lundin. Cody Lundin is the founder of the Aboriginal Living Skills School in Arizona, as well as the author of two books and co-star of the Discovery Channels "Dual Survival" TV show. Reading his first book "98.6 degrees The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive", it starts of with some common sense and practical advise on keeping a positive attitude. He as written a section in which he states that the words party on are quite powerful. There is no opposite of this statement. I believe this statement can be applied to everyday life.
Over the last couple of weeks I have made a list of goals for the Winter and Spring. These are things I need to do and want to do. They also include some personal changes. After a sleepless night three weeks ago I resolved to myself to make changes, not next month, or next week, but that minute. I found myself with a flood of ideas for home, and personal improvement. I thought of the time I waste in front of the glow box, and of all the things I have half assed. I was done living my life half assed, it was time to be more and better. This all started with the adoption of a positive mental attitude. I want to use the energy this releases into some productive ends.
Since my change I have turned 31 and I feel better than I have in a few years. Even with all the things that have happened over the last few years I have emerged wiser and stronger with far more determination than I have ever had. I have began to control my caffeine addiction, I have started to eat better, and next will be get in shape. I have already, with the help of Joni, Dad, and Troy, reorganized the house and re roofed the garage. The next project will be the long over do front room. I have noticed as I check these goals off of my list I get stronger, more confident, and all around feel better. My advise would be why wait for New Years to make a change? If you really want to make it happen do it now, don't allow yourself a chance to procrastinate or find an excuse to not do it. Pass off your self imposed limitations sort out the bullshit and PARTY ON NOW !!!
As a thank you to all. My wife for her love, support, and help. She is my personal cheering section and I hope she likes the new me. My parents who have always given me a solid base to leap from, this has probably allowed me to truly run free without fear and really get to know myself at a young age. My grandparent who have always given love, acceptance, and advice. My in-laws for their kindness and acceptance for a new weirdo at the table. So anyone who is related to me thank you for your love, support, guidance, and helping me in some way or form to be a better person. I will leave you with the theme of the post.... PARTY ON!!!
Reading your post motivated me! I am impressed by your efforts to make changes that will contribute to your individual and unique version of happiness. That is what it is all about...pursuing YOUR dreams and having the courage to adjust course when needed...Party On Beau!
ReplyDelete