Thursday, January 23, 2014

Jacob Quentin

To my son,

Jacob, you arrived January 22, 2014 at 1:29 PM. You weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces and were 20 inches long. For someone so small you have already made a big impact, not with just your Mom and Dad, but to a whole family.  I am writing this at 10:30 PM on the 23rd, I have just made it home from a visit with you and your Mom in the hospital, your Scotties, Skye and Argyle are chewing at my feet.

Now that the scene has been set I can tell you more about your impact with a family. Before your arrival  we as a family had seen a lot of loss, your Mom and I  had been waiting, trying, and praying for almost two years to bring you to this world. It often felt like we were just not going to luck out, and then, one day your Mom came into the room still holding the test and said, "I am pregnant". Instantly the world changed for us. All seamed new and hopeful, and we could see our hopes and dreams for us and for you coming to light.

I want you to know the sheer amount of joy you brought with you by coming into this world. As the family prepped for your arrival I could see the joy come across the faces of everyone as we talked about you. The day of your birth your Mom and I got her checked into the hospital and they immediately started prepping her for the C-Section delivery. As the nurses began their work more of your loving family began to arrive until the little room was full. In that room despite my nerves being pretty rattled I could look around and feel a room full of love.  The nurses came in and took your Mom back for the final prep. A nurse came back in after about 20 minutes and walked me back into the operating room. Once we were back there it was not long before we heard your little cry for the first time.

Once all was done they handed you over to your Mom and wheeled the two of you back to the waiting crowd of eager grandparents, aunts and an uncle. Immediately you could feel the collective love and joy of a family who had known so much loss and now could feel such happiness.

So my son you are very wanted, very loved, and quite a miracle. You have so many who love you and every one of them will gladly give you a piece of themselves.  You are given a special place in the  hearts of many.  As for me I can only make this promise... I will always love you and will always strive to be my best for you and your Mom. I know I will make some mistakes but I want you to know the three of us are in this together and we will learn all this together one step at a time. But always remember my son you are loved and have a whole family who will be there to catch you and your parents when we fall.

All my love JQ, Joni Rose, and our amazing family members.  As Always PARTY ON!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. You are right; after the losses both of our families have endured, Jacob is such a wonderful gift! He brought magic and healing with him and looking into his sweet little face makes me believe that everything will be okay. So glad you are blogging....keep it up!

    ReplyDelete