Thursday, March 29, 2012

Baby Skye and Self Correction

Over the last few months I have been working on self correction. It has been a four month journey, so far, with yet more to work to go. I will admit I have had some stumbles and times with less enthusiasm for the process, but nothing was ever accomplished in a day.  I have had some times when I can feel the negative feelings come over me, but I remind myself to focus on the good and positive things in life.

I have been overwhelmed by my feelings of gratitude today, so I thought I would put them out there now while they are still fresh in my mind. I am grateful that I get to wake up each morning next to my beautiful, loving wife. I am grateful I have a home that keeps me sheltered and warm. I am grateful that even in tough economic times my wife and I have held jobs, and we can keep the heat, power, and water on. I am grateful for my health. I am grateful I can put food on the table. I am grateful for having loving friends and family.  Over all I can say I am very blessed. Do I need tons of money in the bank? no. Do I need all the most expensive everything? no. I do not need these things to bring joy to my life. I have plenty of the things that really matter. I feel immense joy at all I have and all the good in my life. I am grateful for all the good and bad experiences I have had. Even with the loss of so much of my family I feel blessed to have had them in my life for the time I was given with them. I know this is not the only life I will see them. Yes life is as happy as you make it.

Now on to Baby Skye.

This cute little demon is Skye. She is actually really a wonderful puppy, but she has her moments. This little addition has taught me a lot about myself. Lesson one: I am way too set in my ways.  Lesson two: I need patience and lots of it. She has been great for me to learn how to cope with both lessons. I am grateful for her and how she has been a bomb in what was once my quite well organized life. Now it is potty training, going in the kennel on command, and working on manners. Boy she is really helping me on the self correction path. She is really a great addition to this family.

As always Party On!!! and find joy in your life.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if most people realize the incredible powers that are released into the universe through gratitude? It is not always an easy exercise, but it changes your state of mind and the world around you. Touching stuff....party on!

    ReplyDelete